Ginger Rogers & Fred Astaire, The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939).
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
Burlesque on Carmen, 1915
Faust | 1926 | F.W. Murnau | Germany
A woman stands in front of her flower stand on the Rambla in Barcelona, Spain, March 1929.Photograph by Jules Gervais Courtellemont, National Geographic
Since the dawn of cinema, women have been making meaningful contributions to the film industry behind the camera. Here are just a few of those distinguished ladies who made movies.
- Alice Guy Blaché – actress, writer, cinematographer, producer, director
- Lois Weber – actress, writer, producer, director
- Cleo Madison – actress, writer, producer, director
- Anita Loos – actress, writer, producer
- Mary Pickford – actress, writer, producer, director
- Mabel Normand – actress, writer, producer, director
- Dorothy Arzner – writer, editor, director
- Mae West – actress, writer
A Night in the Show, 1915
It’s a Wonderful Life (USA, 1946)
Marilyn Monroe in Niagara (Henry Hathaway, 1953)
Takes my breath away….
Richard Attenborough in In Which We Serve (Noel Coward, 1942)
Lord Attenborough died today. May his beautiful soul rest in peace.
The Saphead, 1920